Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Languages: English, Other
Application Deadline: 15. April 2021
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
Job purpose: To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Procurement Department by conducting timely and efficient procurement for GOAL Syria programme activities, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Ensure that all procurement procedures for tenders in procurement department are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics/Procurement Manual and relevant donor requirements.
- Prepare electronic and hardcopy procurement files for each PR (Purchase Request Form) and ensure that all relevant paperwork is filed, original and scanned copies, as per GOAL Logistics/Procurement Manual and internal audit requirements;
- Process tenders of the assigned PR’s according to the GOAL Logistics/Procurement Manual/Procurement Chart procedures;
- Lead high-value tender processes for goods, services and works in line with GOAL’s Logistics/Procurement Manual.
- Communicate to GOAL Syria Procurement Manager, Procurement Coordinator and/or Syria Systems Director on any unexpected delays in procurement processes and follow up to avoid delays.
- Informing line manager if there is a need for contract.
- Analyse the specification of the supplies, works or services required and source potential, reliable suppliers who can meet this specifications; to share tender documents with.
- Run ATSC (Anti-Terrorist Checks) to all new suppliers according to the procurement process.
- Set up TCOM’s for necessary PRs.
- Complete TCOM reports review, and obtain the necessary signatures for approval from budget-holders and suppliers.
- Raise PRF to Submit payments to finance and follow up partial payments monthly.
- Collect and check all payment document (GIDs, CMRs, Packing List, Cert. Origin, Invoice, etc.)
- Ensure that all chosen suppliers are registered on the GOAL Syria Vendor Roster, and update where necessary.
- In case any problem with payments to supplier get in contact with finance and try to solve the problem.
- Complete all financial paperwork, obtain the necessary signatures for approval and ensure payment to the supplier is affected;
- Maintain the Online Order Tracking System (OTS) for all PRs assigned
- Regularly conduct critical analysis of all assigned GOAL suppliers based on criteria of reliability, quality and prices of goods offered, terms & conditions, after sales services offered, and warranty guaranteed.
- Assist prepare Goods In Dockets (GID), when needed, for all goods received into Ankara office inventory, ensuring policies of separation of duties are adhered to; and
- Assist in the preparation of Delivery Dockets (DD), gift certificates, transport documents, and arrangements for transportation of supplies to GOAL Syria Offices when needed.
- Contribute procurement updates to the Weekly Procurement Report;
- General work in assisting in the overall process and day-to-day duties of the Procurement Department.
- Tertiary diploma in relevant area (procurement, logistics, or administration) and/or equivalent year’s practical work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a in a dynamic work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest; and
- Ability to write, speak and work in English and Turkish.
- Previous work experience with an International Humanitarian NGO;
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Procurement; (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), or other); and
- Arabic language skills.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.