Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Application Deadline: 13. June 2021
The Supply Chain Manager is an integral member of the senior management team and reports directly to the Executive Director. This position is mainly responsible for managing and delivering effective supply chain support in compliance with Bahar and donor regulations. This position will also support key responsibilities, including Procurement, transport, inventory and asset management, supply chain reporting, and providing technical support to the supply chain teams. The Supply Chain Manager will collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems and ensure that internal controls are met. Work with Field Office Supply Chain staff and Field leads to ensure effectiveness, uniformity of Supply Chain structure, and implementation of the Bahar’s standard operations policies and procedures. Implement job training to ensure that Supply chain staff possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable Bahar and funding source policies, procedures, and requirements, all locations and staff act according to the policies.
- Maintain and update Bahar’s policies, forms, procedures related to Supply Chain (procurement, asset, fleet, etc.)
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary, including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize the procurement plans for all grants.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted as required.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with Bahar’s Procurement, asset, and stock management, transport, communications, etc in order for them to share this information clearly.
- Assist Supply Chain staff in working with program staff towards establishing procurement plans before each grant starts, ensuring they fit in the budget, donor compliant, and realistic in terms of timing.
- Identify staffing and/or skills gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled and support the recruitment of all
- Ensure Procurement is done according to Bahar and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for Procurement
- Ensure transport services are cost-efficient and reliable
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed, and documented
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly, and assets are disposed of according to Bahar and/or donor regulations
- Responsibility for the operating budget for the Supply Chain Units
- Give periodic performance evaluations on staff directly supervised as per Bahar personnel policies.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Advanced degree, minimum 5 years of progressive Supply Chain professional experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines within Supply Chain, including planning, procurement, and logistics.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain strategies, market analysis techniques, Procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property and asset management.
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures and organizational units.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent training and coaching ability.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility and adaptability