Organization: United Nations University
Job Type: Part-Time
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Category: Program Management
Topic: Human Rights
Application Deadline: 10. March 2021
Under the overall authority of the Director of UNU-FLORES and direct supervision of the Communications and Advocacy Lead and the Partnerships and Liaison Officer, the successful candidate shall support the administrative work of the project by performing the following tasks:
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the project such as minute taking, organisation and preparation of meetings, archiving, and drafting documents;
- Support with the coordination of project activities such as workshops, seminars, and contacting experts and partners on behalf of the Principal Investigators;
- Assist with tasks on knowledge dissemination and support the development of communication products;
- Support with timely follow-ups with the project’s stakeholders;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisors and the Director;
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a university in the field of natural sciences, social sciences, economics, political sciences, or a related field;
- Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English and German with the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently;
- Proven experience in the field of biodiversity, ecosystem services, advocacy, and/or public relations would be highly advantageous;
- Experience working with stakeholders would be desirable;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint;
- Experience and/or interest in photography and graphic design would be highly advantageous;
- Be results and detail-oriented;
- Must be flexible with the ability to establish priorities and work within prescribed timelines;
- Must have the ability to work independently and report work activities in a timely and proactive manner;
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
UNU is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities to apply and become part of the organisation.
UNU has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNU, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
Duration of contract
This position is being offered as a part-time employment (average of 8 hours per week) for a maximum duration of 40 weeks.
The successful candidate will be employed under a consultant contract (CTC) based in Dresden, Germany and will not hold international civil servant status nor be a “staff member” as defined in the United Nations Staff Rules and Regulations.
Please note that due to the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and the travel restrictions imposed by national authorities, the selected candidate may be required to start the appointment remotely and until further notice.
The remuneration for this assignment is EUR 10.00 per hour.
UNU-FLORES is not responsible for any health insurance arrangements. The contract carries no entitlement to annual leave nor sick leave.
Starting Date: as soon as possible
As part of the recruitment, process candidates may be asked to complete written tests and demonstrate language skills.