Organization: Vital Strategies
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Communications Technology
Application Deadline: 25. June 2021
Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality.
Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. Our programs have a wide, exciting variety of design projects, including both print and digital work. These projects include fact sheets, posters, quarterly and annual reports, PowerPoint slides, social media memes and gifs, data visualizations and website design and maintenance. We have projects requiring multiple communications products that need to be conceptualized and designed.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
About This Role:
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Web Developer to support our digital platforms and contribute to our website strategies. We host a mixture of sites on installations of WordPress (Prevent Epidemics) and Statamic (Resolve to Save Lives, Links Community). Reporting to the Communications Design Lead, this role will work within the Communications Team to support our global programs. An ideal candidate should be comfortable responding and adjusting to shifting priorities in a fluid, deadline-driven environment, and eager to collaborate with a supportive team. This role is remote (even post-pandemic) but we are seeking US-based candidates who are able to work in East Coast US time zone business hours, as core team members are based in NYC.
- An up-to-date knowledge of best practices for maintaining performant, secure websites.
- Expert understanding of Advanced Custom Fields, with the ability to translate content needs into fields efficiently.
- Able to setup and maintain a solid build, deployment and version control strategy for all our sites.
- Comfortable with systems administration, including NGINX configuration, installation of SSL certificates, DNS management, etc.
- Able to adapt to a variety of CMS systems, and recommend the most suitable platform for new projects.
- The ability to self-manage multiple deadlines, and to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A willingness to help us improve our technical practice wherever possible.
- Able to support with (S)CSS as needed
- Experience in creating data visualizations
- Hosting, DNS and SSL management