Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Senior Level (6-10 years)
Languages: English, French, Spanish
Category: Human Resources
Topic: Disaster Management
Application Deadline: 15. January 2021
Your role is focused on providing a steady stream of high-quality candidates for a wide range of technical and managerial positions on projects and for staff roles.
The SIRM will work flexibly and responsibly to the different project and bid teams needing high quality candidates for proposals as well as new and on-going projects. You will be responsible for driving and exploiting our in-house consultant database, our website-based recruitment platform, and the various available commercial recruitment platforms, including LinkedIn.
You will drive the increased maturity and scalability of our consultant recruitment and management systems and our consultant induction processes, building on a range of existing systems and tools. You will lead the consolidation of good recruitment practice within the company.
This is an external facing role, and you will engage with a range of consultants and candidates on project, proposal and staffing requirements. This includes representing and promoting Integrity and our work opportunities on key recruitment fora. You should be attracted to a fast-paced and demanding working environment driven by deadlines and challenges.
Terms of Reference
Proposal and Project Recruitment (70%)
- Lead in recruitment strategy meetings with bid/project teams to ensure a complete understanding of the job requirements, candidate matches, and the qualifications needed to fill the role.
- Review applications and assesses candidate’s expertise and qualifications against established criteria.
- Conduct thorough candidate pre-screening interviews and recommend highly qualified and diverse candidates who meet the requirements for the role.
- Negotiate rates and packages with long-term and short-term consultants and project staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of personnel-related sections of proposals, and formatting and editing CVs.
- Lead outreach to best-of-sector experts, consultants and specialists to grow and develop our network, both in-person and through advertisements via our website and the various commercial recruitment platforms.
- Build and maintain relationships with networks of consultants, including representing Integrity at networking events.
Recruitment Systems Development (30%)
- Provide suggestions and feedback concerning recruitment protocols and procedures, lead staff training on recruitment procedures, streamline company-wide recruitment processes, and brainstorming on improvement on staffing and recruitment proposal writing.
- Develop creative ideas and innovative recruitment solutions to source qualified professional and a diverse talent pool including leading on exploitation of LinkedIn, and other commercial recruitment platforms.
- Support the development of recruitment templates and forms (CV templates, reference check forms, common email templates, how-to notes, recruitment manuals).
- Mentor and train colleagues to optimally utilize and exploit these systems.
Your Experience and Expertise
The successful SIRM candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years proven experience in consultant and staff recruitment.
- Proven experience managing a diverse range of vacancies, prioritization of recruitments and working to ‘time to fill’ metrics. Strong people skills evidenced by experience working with experts and specialists in recruitment type roles.
- Preference for candidates that have recruited Chiefs of Party, senior technical expects and other related candidates for USAID proposals and/or projects.
- Experience using and mining recruitment and networking platforms.
- Evidence of strong organization skills and ability to multitask when facing tight deadlines.
- Written and oral fluency in English, with excellent communication skills.
It is desirable that the SIRM will also have:
- Experience of the international development sector and / or project management related sectors or working to government clients.
- Knowledge of other USG/bilateral donor employment and compliance regulations is highly desirable.
- Appetite and desire to drive success through meeting challenging deadlines and targets.
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French is preferred.
You should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Planning and Organising
- Development and Continual Learning
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Change
- Analytical and Flexible Thinking
- Achievement Focus
- Managing Resources
- Teamwork and Team Leadership
- Customer Orientation
- Organisational Knowledge
- Organisational Alignment
- Strategic Thinking
- Developing Talent