Organization: Syrian Expatriate Medical Association
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Languages: English, Arabic, Other
Category: Communications Technology
Topic: Human Rights
Application Deadline: 15. June 2021
- To assist in achieving SEMA’s strategic goals and objectives by implementing HR department strategic plans.
- To give operational effectiveness to Human Resource policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the organization has the necessary resources to realize its strategic plans in the short, medium and longer term and that staff are motivated and rewarded for their contribution and encouraged to maximize their potential and contribution to the organization.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the implementation of the internal working rules (conditions of employment and internal regulations) according to the necessities and struggles in the field
- Compliance with government policy and laws in addition to international HR standards.
- Provide necessary coaching to employees during the performance cycle.
- In coordination with HR manager, evaluate / appraise the employee’s performance periodically.
- Assist HR Manager in setting the employee’s development plans at the end of the performance cycle.
- Provide guidance on human resources approaches and standards, and lead the team’s capacity development.
- Provide all necessary support to the HR team and help resolve all issues and conflicts that may arise as a result of the day-to-day operations.
- Identify welfare care needs through regular visits to the field and discussion with team members.
- Support in the implementation of the welfare action plan.
- Manage the job analysis process, ensuring that proper Job descriptions are in place, graded and validated.
- Support in conducting investigations and PSEA related issues.
- Ensure legal HR operations that are complied with local labor law.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate grading and salary structure that is in line with SEMA’s HR strategy and as per approved structure to ensure administration of pay in a fair and equitable manner.
- Manage meetings with the HR team members to distribute weekly and monthly tasks.
- Provide support for developing the organization HR Strategy plan as well as ensuring consistency in Human Resource Policies and Procedures.
- Developing enterprise resource plan system.
- Responsible for advising and coaching the department managers on all matters related to the staff, HR Strategy, programs, policies, legal compliance issues and culture of the organization.
- Develops and implements HR personnel policies and procedures that are compliant with the donors’ requirements and consistent with SEMA’s HR strategy in order to facilitate effective people management.
- Formulates recruitment strategy and plans to achieve desired level and quality of manpower for the Organization.
- Manages the Personnel functions of salary administration, leave entitlements, conditions of service and disciplinary provisions ensuring consistency and equity of approach to all staff.
- Manages and participates in the recruitment process, ensuring that potential candidates are targeted in the most effective way and that appropriate interview and assessment processes are deployed to maximize the fit between candidates and the targeted area requirements and that it secures the best talent available to meet the targeted needs.
- Quality assurance for HR department.
- Ensure consistency and fairness in the implementation of policies.
- Provides all possible support to close all the gaps causing grievance problems without affecting or disturbing any of SEMA’s policies and procedures.
- Provide HR Manager in giving necessary training and coaching to managers on the implementation of these processes.
- Oversee and ensure efficient salary administration for the organization’s employees so that payroll and other benefits payments are made in a lawful, timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for assessing employee morale on a periodic basis through surveys, opinion poll, report gathering etc., for improving and upholding the level of employee morale.
- Initiates the analysis of training needs, the development of appropriate training plans, securing the necessary budgets and the optimum matching of training needs with resources available.
- Establishes and maintains good working relations with concerned authorities for efficient processing of employment related formalities and enable good industrial relations.
- Responsible for the renewal of work permits, for all related employees.
- Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
- Any other duties assigned by line manager when required
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies:
- A Bachelor degree in Business Administration, HR Management, Industrial Relations or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of proven related experience in similar assignments
- Verified experience in humanitarian work and principles.
- Verified experience in dealing with donor’s policies, procedures, requirements and compliance. ( Desirable )
- Master in Human Resources Management is a strong plus.
- A professional certificate in HR Management is a strong plus (SHRM-CP or PHRi)
- Good Knowledge in labor law and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge in HR planning and performance management
- Advanced knowledge in remote management tools and techniques
- Advanced knowledge in compensation and benefit
- Advanced knowledge in training and development management
- Ability to take initiative and work without supervision.
- People management skills that include diplomacy
- Ability to work with diverse people, communities, and cultures, with an understanding of cultural awareness practices.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent skills in English and Arabic.
- Intermediate skills in the Turkish language.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality technical advice and support
- Leadership skills
- Quality reports and other strategic documents drafted and submitted in a timely manner
- Timely and quality knowledge products
- Service and work Quality
- Strong relationships with various partners
- SEMA is well represented in important meetings on topics related to expertise.
- Building trust
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
Supervisory & Managerial Competencies
- Empowering others
- Building trust
- Managing performance
- Judgement / decision-making
- A challenging and exciting position in a positive and professional environment.
- Fixed term contract 42.5 h/per week with possibility of extension based on performance and available budget.
- On-the-job training and orientation opportunities.
- Training Opportunities.
- Opportunity to take initiative and release your ideas and plans.
- Passionate team to work with.
How to apply
SEMA is looking for a high potential-**talented** and professional with positive attitude person.
You are interested!
We encourage you to check out the opportunities at SEMA and join our team!
If you are interested in the above post, you can visit our vacancies page in SEMA website and apply for it by filling out the application.