Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Executive Level (10 years)
Languages: English, Spanish
Topic: Disaster Management
Application Deadline: 31. December 2020
Miyamoto International is in business to make the world a better, safer place. We provide expert high-performance earthquake + structural engineering and disaster mitigation services, as well as response and reconstruction assistance to some of the world’s most devastating disasters. Our work improves the environment and safety of pre- and post-disaster communities, schools, hospitals, historical monuments, international icons and more.
We are currently seeking a Senior Finance and Federal Compliance Specialist to support Miyamoto’s federal programs and its growing portfolio of work in the international development + humanitarian assistance sector. We encourage qualified candidates from Washington DC, Los Angeles, and Sacramento/San Francisco to apply for this position. Miyamoto International is among the nation’s fastest growing structural engineering companies. With 22 locations across the globe, our team members adapt to new challenges that reflect the diverse needs of the domestic and international communities we serve.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
Financial Management and Project Accounting
• Support the financial management and oversight of Miyamoto’s federal programs and the international development office
• Compile financial monthly and annual forecast, and monthly earned revenue and consultant expense
• Compile donor financial reports, including monthly reimbursements for USAID awards
• Thorough reviews of financial documentation, including expenses and invoices for donor compliance and Miyamoto requirements
• Work with and across project teams to ensure proper financial documentation and timely reporting
Compliance and Award Management
• Support annual audits, provide documentation/reporting as requested
• Work with Miyamoto’s project teams to understand and address compliance issues
• Review donor awards and consultant contractual agreements and sub-awards to assure compliance with donor and company requirements
• Develop processes and policies to ensure donor compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; Certified Public Accountant license desirable
• 10+ years’ experience and an in depth understanding of project financial management and USG contracting and compliance matters
• Extensive experience working on USAID funded programs, both acquisition and cooperative grants; Department of State, DoD, etc.
• Strong knowledge of GAAP, FAR and CFR with experience in federal compliance and procurement, preferably related to a For-Profit entity
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to deliver results both independently and as a part of a global team
• Advanced skills in Excel, Adobe and Word
• Fluent in English; bilingual in Spanish desirable.
Miyamoto International is seeking the best and brightest professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader with exceptional communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Flexibility, organizational skills, project collaboration and accountability are integral components to achieving our goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward business-development strategies. Successful candidates share our passion for helping others and strives to improve the quality of their work with each new challenge. This is an opportunity to expand your creativity and build your expertise in the field.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.