Organization: Last Mile Health
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Topic: Social Justice
Application Deadline: 30. November 2020
At Last Mile Health, we are all teachers and learners. Do you have experience managing learner engagement opportunities on a global scale both online and through blended learning? If so, you may be a great fit for the Senior Coordinator, Learning Strategy role on the Community Health Academy team.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Learning Strategy, the Senior Coordinator, Learning Strategy plays a critical role in supporting the Academy’s global community of learners through direct support, course development and creation, and continued improvement of the learner engagement and health systems leadership development strategies.
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrated experience in learner engagement or adult education pedagogy and strong project management skills.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate and execute high-quality, culturally-relevant learner engagement activities for the Academy’s global community of learners to accompany online course delivery, including live virtual events and webinars, discussion threads, practicum activities, workshops and other creative ways to build a network of learners and drive deeper learning
- Conduct outreach and communicate with learners, troubleshoot challenges, escalate unresolved issues during course run
- Support engagement and coordination with external partners to execute learner activities
- Develop collateral materials for blended course delivery based on health systems leadership development strategy (downloadable content, facilitation guides, etc)
- Assist the Technical Director in content review and quality assurance for online programs designed to engage frontline health workers and health systems leaders in improving community health programs
- Coordinate with Director, Learning Strategy and instructional designers to load content into platform for course delivery
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in project management, online education, community/student engagement, or similar activities
- Strong project management and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple work streams seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Highly resourceful problem-solver, with the ability to be extremely effective independently or on a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build community with a wide range of stakeholders, including Academy learners, partner organizations, government representatives, and academic institutions
- Understanding and working knowledge of learning management systems (e.g., Moodle)
You’ll Impress Us If
- Professional fluency in one or more languages spoken where the Academy works
- Experience with data interpretation
Salary Range for this position: $50,000 to $60,000, depending upon your qualifications.
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around the salary range and benefits associated with this position. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
You can read about our competitive benefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world’s most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.