Organization: International Organization for Migration
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Languages: English, French
Topic: Human Rights
Application Deadline: 12. April 2021
The Office of Staff Security (OSS) is responsible for providing leadership on safety and security management to enable the most secure and most effective implementation and delivery of IOM programmes and activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of OSS and technical supervision of the Security Policy and Training Coordination Officer, this position is responsible for actively assisting the Director of OSS on financial monitoring and support the Security Policy and Training Coordination Officer in policy and training coordination matters. This position will be responsible in providing administrative support to the Director of OSS.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Budget Tracking and Monitoring
- Monitor expenditures and compare with approved budget; prepares adjustments, as necessary.
- Prepare monthly reports for the OSS Director, as required, of actual transactions with regards to eligibility of expense, correct WBS usage and complete supporting documents that complies with the Mission Security Funding Mechanism.
- Undertake research and coordinate with relevant budget and finance units with respect to budget reviews.
- Assist the OSS Director in the preparation and finalization of the OSS annual budget proposal, this includes drafting, preparing supporting documents, and conducting needs assessment with OSS MAC and OSS Regional Offices.
- Assist the OSS Director in reviewing and processing the payment for IOM’s contribution to the UNDSS Joint Finance Activities.
- Assist the OSS Director in ensuring that the Mission Security Funding Requests submitted by the OSS Administrative Assistant for approval is in compliance with IOM policies and procedures.
- Issue OSS WBS Element and Tracking Number to Mission funding requests approved by the Director of OSS or designate.
- Coordinate OSS financial matters with relevant Headquarters and MAC Units.
- Supervise the OSS Administrative Assistant based in MAC on any financial and budgetary issues requiring coordination.
- Assist the OSS Director in other finance-related tasks.
Executive Administrative Support
- Provide routine administrative support such as arrange and coordinate official meetings of the OSS Director or ask required by the OSS Director.
- Monitor e-mail correspondences and issues requiring response or action from the OSS Director. Regularly brief the OSS Director on urgent issues.
- Prepare briefings, trainings, or official meetings and provide administrative support to the OSS Director. If required by the OSS Director, draft meeting records.
- Prepare Travel Authorization form and coordinate travel requirements with relevant departments/units and missions (if applicable) for the Director of OSS. This includes ensuring timely submission of Travel Expense Claims.
- Establish and maintain relevant OSS records/files.
- Review UNSMIN rights requests and ensure that the required approvals are received.
- Provide UNSMIN rights access to requests approved by the Director or designate.
- Coordinate with UNDSS Safety and Security Management Section in managing UNSMIN rights within IOM, this includes coordinating escalated technical issues.
Policy and Coordination Assistance
- Assist in the development of clear understanding on UNSMS and IOM security policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Assist the Security Policy and Training Coordination Officer in coordinating with relevant Headquarters departments on policy updates, as required.
- Coordinate policy-related inquiries with the Director and Security Policy and Training Coordination Officer.
Training and Learning Support
- Assist the Security Policy and Training Coordination Officer in developing and maintaining training databases, such as global participants list of UNSMS certified trainings, list of UN-certified IOM security trainings, etc.
- Assist in the administrative and logistics requirements of OSS HQ or OSS MAC-hosted trainings or learning events, in coordination with the OSS Director and Security Policy and Training Coordination Officer.
- Assist the Security Policy and Training Coordination Officer in the consolidation of training calendars, training needs, and other data for reports.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree preferably in the field of International Relations, International Security, Political Science, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant experience; or,
- Completed High school / Secondary school education with six years of relevant experience.
- Minimum four years of experience in administrative and finance support roles is required;
- Experience in security support roles is an advantage;
- Work experience with an intergovernmental organization, international non-governmental organization, or diplomatic missions is preferred.
- Excellent attention to details is required;
- Excellent communications skill is required;
- Knowledge on IOM internal policies, processes, and procedures related to administrative, procurement, and human resources is an advantage.
- Excellent writing skill in English is required;
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web-based management system are required.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written). Working knowledge on other official UN language is an advantage.