Organization: International Committee of the Red Cross
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Languages: English, Russian
Category: Information Management
Topic: Mine Action
Application Deadline: 17. May 2021
Information Management (below called IM) is the ability of the ICRC to produce, capture, manage, preserve, store and deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. The role of the IM Coordinator (IMCo) is to enforce, advise, analyze IM problematics, follow up, and accompany colleagues in this matter. It also ensures that all relays and/or persons in charge of IM in the delegation s/he covers have the adequate training and develop their competencies. S/he coordinates with the different sectors operating around information management (data, data protection, ICT, etc.) to provide a coherent support to delegations on issues such as security of information, data management and data protection and to ensure a better capitalization of the existing information. The IMCo works under the coordination of the regional Head of IM Region based in Belgrade. The position is based in Tbilisi with regular travels to Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and Armenia to the Tashkent Delegation and its sub-sites, Baku, Barda, Yerevan and its sub-sites. This position might be asked to support information management in emergency situations (meaning travel on short notice).
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities
In close coordination with the respective (Executive) assistants & IM Officer – (E) AIMO – based in Tbilisi, Tashkent, Baku, Yerevan, s/he:
- Reviews, with each department and sub-sites, the IM processes and needs to improve information management (share, co-working, access rules, mobility, information handling, data protection, security…)
- Works with the different departments in the delegation, and Data Protection Office’s representatives when requested, to provide answers on information management questions and practices.
- Implements, promotes and monitors IM projects and tools
- Ensures that guidelines and rules are followed
- Researches and develops the approaches needed to ensure ICRC’s information security as well as a proper record management in the increasingly digitalized world
- Ensures coherence in information management (IM) practices and approach in the covered delegations; s/he conducts regular visits to Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and Armenia, including subsites;
- Provides expertise on ICRC IM processes, rules, guidelines and tools, taking into consideration as well the security and the data protection rules; based on local security conditions, advises managers on processing, storage and accessibility to information;
- Develops internal collaboration and synergies with other positions such as data management or ICT positions to ensure that IM guidelines and rules are applied across tools and practices;
- Ensures a consistent approach and that consolidated answers are given on all IM related subjects;
- Is the reference person for the (E)AIMO, the Management and the coordinators for all IM related questions;
- Coordinates and implements IM guidelines and practices, ensuring their consistency;
- Based on current and future processes, proposes and implements solutions to improve the management of the information life cycle, especially the capture of all records that are relevant for the ICRC;
- Contributes to the global regional thinking and orientations regarding IM strategies and tools;
- Ensures compliance by staff members with information and data security and other institutional rules;
- Organizes sessions to explain IM strategies and principles to the managers and assistants and ensures that they are understood; supports the (E)AIMO to implement adapted solutions, to deploy IM rules, policies, guidelines, processes and tools and to accompany the change management processes;
- In coordination with the (E)AIMO defines and implements a strategy to ensure a full coverage across all sites in terms of IM processes, tools, and setup as needed;
- Acts as functional/technical supervisor for the (E)AIMO; ensures consistency in the performance and skills of assistants and provides trainings/coaching to equip them for new responsibilities.
Managers, coordinators, assistants and end-users understand why information needs to be managed and the need as well as the benefit to embrace changes in terms of practices. Users comply with IM rules and guidelines. Links to information security, data protection and data management are made.
People management responsibilities
Yes, functional management
Scope & Impact
Main site and subsites of Georgia, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and Armenia
Certifications / Education required
- Fully conversant with MS Office, IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft SharePoint
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in information management, information science or data management: an asset
- Experience participating in the definition and/or implementation of change processes: an asset
Professional Experience required
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position at ICRC or in a large international organization/company
Desired profile and skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on approach, service oriented
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks/actions
- Sense of initiative
- Ability to accompany changes
- Experience in coordinating or managing staff
- Fluency in English and Russian languages
- Starting date: June, 2021
- Location: Tbilisi
- Application deadline: 17.05.2021
How to apply
If you find yourself to have all the necessary qualifications and the ability to take over the designed tasks, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to the bellow mentioned e-mail address indicating the position you are applying for:
ICRC is the equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women and persons with disability to apply.
If you require more information or need to submit your application in an alternative format, because of a disability, please do get in touch by email to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All the personal data that you are providing via this website is stored and processes in accordance with the ICRC Rules on Data Protection. Please read the full document on Data Protection Statement bellow.