Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Senior Level (6-10 years)
Languages: English, Spanish
Category: Donor/Grants Management
Application Deadline: 20. May 2021
Working within the Leadership Giving team, Regional Development Directors (RDDs) are an integral part of the Charitable Giving division, which aims to increase and diversify the agency’s resources by creating deep and meaningful relationships with donors and US constituents. The RDD will play a critical role in implementing the Charitable Giving Action Plan, while actively contributing to the Go FAR Leadership Giving Campaign, whi ch seeks to raise $275 million to drive our impact like never before. This vision depends on RDDs working to connect donors, partners and the people we serve to create transformational change.
Job Description Summary
The Regional Director of Development (RDD), Leadership Giving is an experienced fundraiser with demonstrated success in securing major gifts of $25,000 and above from individual donors in support of CRS’ strategic program priorities. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the RDD partners with fundraising colleagues, the Analytics staff, Donor Relations staff, the Director of Principal Gifts, Director of Planned Giving and Director of Hispanic Development to develop and execute a customized/data informed engagement plan that leads to a broader understanding of CRS as part of a long range resource mobilization strategy to increase major gift support from private donors.
The RDD works closely with the Office of the President, Executive Vice President for Charitable Giving, the Vice President for Leadership Giving, Sr. Director of Development, the Sr. Director of Leadership Giving and Overseas Operations staff as appropriate to achieve annual and multi-year revenue and non-revenue goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Secure leadership gifts at levels of $25,000 and above to meet annual individual and department revenue goals.
- Manage a portfolio of 70 to 80 leadership giving donors and prospects. Serve as the relationship manager and focal point for CRS communications with donors in portfolio, facilitating and guiding donor communications with other CRS stakeholders.
- Develop a holistic donor engagement strategy that advances their relationship with CRS, the people and programs they support, in order to promote greater philanthropic involvement.
- Commit to CRS Opportunities Management through the documentation of all substantive donor engagement in Clearview (database). Actively qualify new donors, ensure that donor interactions and strategies are complete and up to date, and participate in periodic portfolio reviews to ensure a robust and diverse pipeline and portfolio.
- In collaboration with Donor Relations and other Charitable Giving colleagues, develop intentional opportunities to deepen donors’ engagement with CRS according to their interest, giving history, and areas of Agency need.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director for Leadership Giving, identify volunteer leadership for CRS Boards and Go Far Campaign committees.
- Working in collaboration with the Director, Hispanic Development and members of the Hispanic Development Unit as well as Analytics and Annual Giving colleagues, identify Hispanic prospects with Leadership Giving pote ntial in order to grow a portfolio of Hispanic donors through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities that are culturally appropriate.
- Perform related activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization required. Master’s degree preferred
- Five to eight years of demonstrated experience in prospect management, and in developing and executing prospect strategies that led to successful gift solicitations of $25,000 or more required
- Demonstrated success in cultivating and soliciting gifts at the seven- and eight-figure level, particularly those that require blended gift strategies preferred
- Fluency in conversational Spanish preferred
- Familiarity with fundraising in Hispanic communities preferred
- Previous fundraising campaign experience preferred
- Understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and experiential knowledge of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the Diocese of Orange County preferred
- Experiential knowledge of international programs preferred
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship****Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.*