Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Human Resources
Topic: Disaster Management
Application Deadline: 30. April 2021
Our People and Compliance team provides support for our global team, which spans 9 countries and 3 continents. GiveDirectly is growing quickly, and we are looking for a dynamic Recruiter to help us find the people who will drive that growth. We hold a high bar and hire excellent team members – ones who align with our values and core competencies, come from diverse backgrounds and bring a track record of success from a wide range of experiences. In this role, you will:
- provide excellent support to hiring managers so they can find the talent they need efficiently by directly contributing to sourcing, screening, and pipeline coordination for a variety of roles – from fundraising to ops leadership to engineering – understanding the unique needs for each role and delivering on early stage processes
- obsess over the candidate experience, knowing that every interaction we have with a candidate is building our employer brand and shaping the mindsets of our future team mates
- know your way around the systems and tools you’ll need to streamline and operate at scale, and stay up-to-date on what’s new
- love data, making sure our systems are set up to properly collect it, and use it to proactively provide status updates, to drive decisions and shifts in strategy, and to lead us in continuous improvement.
- drive learning and accountability across our team around best practices for combating bias and fulfilling our commitment to diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and selection
- cultivate a global long-term talent pipeline – building relationships with passive candidates, as well as with partners and connectors who have access to strong talent pools
- 3+ years of experience as a recruiter, preferably in an international and high growth or startup environment
- Balance of authenticity and warmth with precision, structure, and attention to detail in written and verbal communications.
- Excellent judgment, making decisions quickly, but carefully.
- Experienced with gathering and analyzing both quantitative data and qualitative feedback to quickly iterate on recruitment processes and strategies with agility and a commitment to continuous improvement
- Highly organized – adept at managing multiple projects and stakeholders at once without dropping balls
- Intellectual curiosity and adaptability – look for learning opportunities everywhere, and are continuously thinking about how to apply what you’ve learned to your work
- Alignment with GiveDirectly Values:
- Recipients first. We prioritize recipient preferences over those of donors or ourselves.
- Team next. We do what’s best for organizational – not individual – success.
- Be proactively candid. We say what we believe, and are honest in sharing information.
- Create positive energy We strive to be a source – not drain – of energy for our colleagues.
- Think rigorously; act quickly. We are intellectually rigorous with a drive towards action – not debate.
- Accept reality. Propose solutions. We do not dwell on problems. We work actively to create solutions.
- Be productively ambitious. We take the risks to pursue industry-changing success, not incremental progress.
- Know yourself and grow. We recognize and accept our imperfections with a focus on growth.