Organization: Olive Branch
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Languages: English, Arabic
Application Deadline: 17. June 2021
Olive Branch is a humanitarian non-profit organization working on a range of programs to serve the needy and vulnerable people inside and outside Syria. Registered in Turkey, Olive Branch has operation/support hubs in Gaziantep and London .Olive Branch works in partnership with many international agencies to support peacebuilding and developing stronger communities through focusing on Education, Protection, livelihood, and Women’s Empowerment. At present, we achieve this through nearly 500 dedicated workers on the ground and managed from our bases in Germany, Lebanon and registered headquarters in Gaziantep, Turkey; together delivering and planning several humanitarian projects in Syria and Turkey. Olive Branch is funded and supported by individual donors, local and international NGO partners, and through partner fundraising charities in Germany and the UK**
Under the direct supervision of the Projects Manager, the Project Assistant will be responsible for provision of technical and administrative assistance, including review of financial data, to the implementation of all Project related activities
- Assist the supervisor to complete the project’s operational tasks and follow up on some administrative tasks.
- Assisting the supervisor in holding meetings, presentations, and making written records of (M.M) meetings in (English / Arabic).
- Assist and coordinate with project team members to fulfill project duties as per the established time plan.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all information related to the project and documenting it.
- support the project team with oral and written translation between Arabic and English.
- Collaborate with the entire project team and contribute to the entire project life cycle
- Provides administrative and operational support in project implementation.
- Assist in setting up project work plans and presenting them to Projects Manager then follow up implementation after getting approved
- Assist and support in preparing and translating progress reports, donor reports, project reviews, financial reports, audit reports, and any other required project reports in a timely manner.
- Attending meetings as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform any other tasks related to the project when appointed by the supervisor.
- At least one year of work experience with NGOs
- Good knowledge of MS office
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Very good command of English, both writing and speaking
Keeps abreast of available technology.
Understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office.
Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows a willingness to learn new technology.