Organization: Still I Rise
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Category: Human Resources
Topic: Refugee Rights
Application Deadline: 15. April 2021
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works on the development and implementation of humanitarian projects aimed at the education and support of refugee children and teenagers, is looking for a Program Officer to join the team in Samos, Greece. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the daily administrative tasks of the program. This position involves working, both independently and, within a coordination team. The candidate for the Program Officer should ideally be a team player, highly organized and geared towards problem solving.
On Samos Still I Rise operates as an emergency school providing educational support to students between the ages of 12-17 years. Currently, due to COVID-19 restrictions we are providing distance learning through remote classes and homework distribution. We aim to return to in-house programming as soon as it’s possible.
- Manage the recruitment and selection processes for staff and volunteers for Samos, in collaboration with the HR Manager and the Program Manager, and organise and oversee the hiring, onboarding and exit procedures
- Organise and oversee all HR administration, such as staff documentation, contracts, appraisals, holidays, absences, internal database software, etc.
- Support the HR manager in ensuring Still I Rise is legally compliant, and up to date, with local labour laws
- Develop and implement practices to stimulate team morale and staff wellbeing, by organising team activities, supplying the team with psychological support resources, promoting work/life balance, and sustaining a safe and positive work culture
- Develop, keep up to date and implement trainings and inductions for the team on the ground- schedule additional trainings with external actors depending on the needs
- Co-develop, oversee and ensure compliance with our internal HR policies in collaboration with HR Manager and Program Manager
- Manage student registration and enrollment processes by i.e. organising registration days, overseeing and updating waiting lists, overseeing diversity balance, and organising registration and permission forms
- Develop and communicate weekly/daily schedules for volunteers and teachers by coordinating with the Education Manager and Center Manager
- Manage the school database by registering and enrolling new students, and updating and overseeing schedules, timetables, student lists, and attendance
- Organising and administering the Google Drive shared folders, and ensure all staff members have access to their relevant folders
- Assist and support the Program Manager, Center Manager, Child Protection Officer, and the Education Manager with general tasks and problem solving, and take part in coordination meetings and daily decision making
- Monitor and oversee internal, and student, communication, by monitoring use of slack and whatsapp, and support in developing communication material (i.e. messages to the students)
- Support with social media and donor material by taking photos, documenting our program, and drafting posts/messages
- Support with facilitating and hosting meetings by i.e., minutes-taking, scheduling, etc.
All applicants are required a fluent knowledge of the English language- written and oral-, minimum age of 23 years and availability to work and reside in Greece for a minimum of 6 months without any VISA requirements.
- Two years of proven administrative and/or HR experience
- Proven (voluntary or otherwise) field experience in the humanitarian/non-profit sector, preferably in Greece
- Excellent interpersonal skills – outstanding and effective written and verbal communication, assertive, socially aware and geared towards problem solving
- Excellent organisational and time management skills- ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- High level of accountability over work- ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Commitment and willingness to work in a challenging environment
- Passion, drive and dedication to our cause
- Excellent IT skills including use of MS Office, Google Drive and Slack.
- Experience working in the education sector or in a school environment
- Experience with social media
- Knowledge of any of these languages: Greek, Arabic, Farsi, Kurdi, French, Italian
Shared accommodation will be provided. Additionally, we provide €687,50 gross monthly to cover day-to-day expenses.
COVID-19 safety procedures
Required testing and quarantine period dependent on Greek requirements and regulations. Once the country of origin is determined we will define an appropriate travel plan upon hire.