Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Communications Technology
Topic: Social Justice
Application Deadline: 30. April 2021
The PHP Laravel Developer will, with the rest of the IRD team, work to design, build, deploy, maintain and manage the IRD platform across numerous countries in the Pacific.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a small team (as part of a large international corporate) with another Developer and a Product Manager to scope, build, test and deploy new features, fixing bugs and managing hosting infrastructure for the IRD.
- Writing clean, efficient code using the PHP Laravel framework.
- Managing git repositories, flows and code releases between the development team and PLF’s partners in Pacific countries.
- Utilising databases to create and run data queries and reports.
- Creating, updating, documenting and managing a REST API for use in other applications and integrations.
- Engaging with the Product Manager in sprints planning for product roadmaps, backlog estimation, prioritisation and strategy.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience with Laravel PHP development as well as VueJS and Bootstrap.
- Hands-on experience with SQL schema design, SOLID principles and REST API design, Phinx database migrations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including in a cross-cultural context, experience working in a team environment, leasing and cooperating with your team members, peer code reviews, resolving merge conflicts.
- An affinity for agile delivery; particularly in providing small and frequent changes to quickly satisfy emerging business needs.