Organization: DT Global
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Application Deadline: 25. June 2021
DT Global is seeking an Operations and Compliance Specialist who will be responsible for administering the company’s compliance and reporting requirements and will work closely with both the Operations and Contracts Directors on various operations and procurement matters. The Operations and Compliance Specialist will serve as the focal point for Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FSRS) and other U.S. government mandated reporting. They will also support the Contracts team with day-to-day contracts and procurement administration needs, from inception to closeout. This position will report to the Deputy Director of Contracts.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Director of Operations and Deputy Director of Contracts, manage the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act (FSRS), electronic Subcontracting Reporting System (eSRS), and Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARs) requirements
- Assist the Deputy Director of Contracts in designing and delivering procurement and contracts related trainings, templates, and forms
- Assist with reviewing purchase orders, subcontracts, budgets, Pre-Teaming Agreements (PTAs), Teaming Agreements (TAs), and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Assist in developing and managing subcontracting plans
- Assist in maintaining the company’s registration documents, both domestic and foreign
- Assist in maintaining the company’s travel management system
- With the help of the Project Management Units and Finance department, manage the closeout process of USAID prime awards
- Prepare requests for common administrative issues such as consent to subcontract, contractor rate approval, international travel, modifications, etc. and maintain and update templates for these approvals as required
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with subcontractors, vendors, and consultants
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients
- Attend management meetings and contribute to workflow management
- Draft, update, and maintain internal and cross-departmental policies
- Stay up to date on major contracting changes for DT Global’s primary client through participation in industry events, formal training, USAID meetings and calls, etc.
- Develop and maintain contract and procurement files
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, accounting, law or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of progressive experience in USAID contracts or project management
- Basic knowledge of U.S. government service-related contract types, including cost reimbursable, time and materials, and fixed priced acquisition and assistance
- Basic knowledge of U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) contracting principles
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey ideas clearly both in person and though email
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and the ability to analyze complex contract clauses
- Ability to multitask and meet required deadlines successfully in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work well independently and as part of an integrated team
- Ability to be a self-starter and to take initiative
- Experience with developing acquisition policy, executing contract acquisition packages and managing the acquisition process
- Competency in the area of negotiation memorandum review, including proper cost/price analysis, vendor selection, budget consideration, and special prime contract provisions
- Experience in drafting, reviewing, executing, and administering subcontracts including flowing down the relevant and required clauses
- Experience reviewing cost volumes in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) is a plus
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.