Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Information Management
Application Deadline: 15. April 2021
The MENA Research Coordinator will work with the iMMAP research and analysis team to provide coordinated research and analytical support to MENA focused projects. Roles may include, but are not limited to, coordinating research activities with field staff and short-term technical consultants, conducting Arabic language open-source reviews, supporting in the design and drafting of research tools, and conducting follow-up research with field staff. The MENA Research Coordinator will report to the relevant Component and Project Leads.
This position is contingent on award of funding.
Description of Duties
The MENA Research Coordinator will primarily be involved in conducting research, analysis and report writing based upon the team’s MENA research needs. The MENA Research Coordinator will contribute to research design and representation of the iMMAP R&A team in various fora. MENA Research Coordinator roles include:
- Lead on coordinating research activities with relevant units within iMMAP, field researchers and enumerators, and short-term technical consultants.
- Engage in regular review of open-source information pertaining to developments in the region as needed;
- Contribute to the design and drafting of product-specific research tools and question sets;
- Utilize the R&A units resources and networks to maintain an informed understanding of political, economic, and social developments in areas relevant to the Unit’s activities;
- Contribute to production of regular written reports;
- Coordinate closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of data collection and field operations; and,
- Additional tasks as needed, contributing to iMMAP projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or comparable work experience.
- Experience providing support to research and analysis projects, ideally those focused on conflict and crises.
- High organizational and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the political, cultural, and humanitarian context of the region.
- Ability to operate in cross-cultural environment and work independently.
- Understanding of and/or proficiency in data collection platforms, GIS software, and data visualization platforms an asset. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required.
- Fluency in Arabic speaking and writing required. Proficiency in spoken and written English highly desired.