Organization: United Methodist Committee on Relief
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Topic: Disaster Management
Application Deadline: 30. April 2021
The Manager, USDR Training Program strengthen the program’s overall approach to effective training and capacity building of UMCOR partners. **
EDUCATION What is the minimum level of formal education required?
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years relevant work experience. Master’s degree in Education preferred.
EXPERIENCE What kind and how much previous experience are needed?
- Minimum 4 – 6 years’ experience in a training or education environment with curriculum design. Experience with adult learning best practice, training management systems, and able to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Experience in disaster response and recovery programs.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership.
- Solid organizational skills and attention to detail. Enthusiastic, self-starter, able to be effective under pressure and be flexible.
- Maintains confidentiality of information at the highest level.
- Ability to understand and respect cultural, religious and political environments and to use diplomacy when working with staff, partners, and stakeholders. Comfortable working in a faith-based context.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/OTHER SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE What other training and/or certification are necessary?
- Knowledge of disaster relief work of UMCOR, and UMC structure a plus.
KEY JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES What kind of competencies and behavioral characteristics are necessary? **
- Communication – job requires being comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, with a particular emphasis on frequent adaptation of appropriate, effective ways to communicate with diverse stakeholders including ecumenical, technical, and community based audiences.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving — job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems; ability to research, analyze and evaluate information to resolve challenges and problems and identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option.
- Initiative – the ability to direct one’s energies towards the completion of a goal, without an external catalyst; tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.