Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Senior Level (6-10 years)
Languages: English, French
Topic: Human Rights
Application Deadline: 22. October 2020
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The project aims to strengthen assessment and analysis capacities in countries affected by humanitarian crises and the COVID-19 pandemic by addressing challenges in data and information comprehensiveness, consistency, and value.
iMMAP intends to achieve its objectives using the Data Entry and Exploration Platform (DEEP) to generate repositories of pre-organized secondary data for each country. iMMAP is partnering with Data Friendly Space (DFS), an organization specialized in secondary data and situation analysis using the DEEP platform. Together, iMMAP and DFS will generate a comprehensive secondary data review of the reports, assessments, research papers available at the field level providing humanitarian actors a thorough analysis of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the condition of the people in each country, and provide lessons learned and guidance for ongoing and future assessments and programming globally.
Additionally, the project will focus on strengthening cluster members, cluster leadership, and humanitarian coordination analytical capacity by utilizing existing coordination mechanisms at the country level, and enhance multi-stakeholder information sharing.
The Information Analysis Advisor (IAA) is a key position to support and provide advice to the COVID 19 global project manager and the International IMOs deployed in Colombia, Burkina Faso, Bangladesh DR Congo, Nigeria and Syria . The IAA will support the iMMAP analysis of the impact of COVID 19 on the assessment and research capacity of humanitarian partners operating in the six above mentioned countries and the impact of COVID 19 on the condition of the population. The analysis will be relying mainly on secondary data, using DEEP as a tool for for secondary data review.
The IAA will be the advisor to the Global COVID 19 project manager on issues related to the utilization of the DEEP platform, the use of the analytical framework and the cross-checking of data in the drafting and finalization of the monthly reports.
The IAA will liaise with the DEEP development team (DFS), concerning training of local staff deployed by iMMAP, and other stakeholders willing to participate in the COVID 19 secondary data project.
The IAA will provide advice on other analytical frameworks in use at field and global level by relevant humanitarian stake holders.
The IAA position is based in Marseille (France) with possible travel to support the team directly or when required.
- Support the Global Project Manager in all technical matters related to the deliverables of the project
- Support the technical work of the IMOs in the 6 countries
- Participate in global and local technical working groups
- Lead in the joint analysis of secondary data through DEEP;
- Ensure the monthly analysis is conducted and completed in line with the reporting requirements
- Support the organization and provision of DEEP trainings for external stakeholders in collaboration with DFS Design and adjust the analysis framework on DEEP and ensure the team is trained to use it;
- Work closely with iMMAP technical specialists in support of primary and secondary data collection, visualization and geospatial analysis;
- Contribute to Requests for Information from partners and business development opportunities as needed; and,
- Perform additional tasks as needed, contributing to iMMAP global projects
- Whilst representing iMMAP COVID 19 OFDA funded project, the following points should be adhered to;
- Represent iMMAP at conferences and in meetings with national and international donors, partners and organizations.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on iMMAP operations, tools, services and capabilities as required.
- Share knowledge and offer technical advice to other iMMAP Offices when required
- Adhere to iMMAP branding guidelines for all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Monitor changes in technology, partner organizations, humanitarian and development sectors.
Chain of command
The iMMAP IAA line manager is the iMMAP COVID 19 global manager.
The IAA will work in close consultation with the Global manager and the six International IMOS deployed in the project countries.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Information Management (IM) and analysis
- Advanced degree in information management, statistics, data science, international relations, economics or other relevant field
- Expert knowledge of the humanitarian information analysis cycle
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Knowledge of working with the DEEP platform (https://www.thedeep.io/) is an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and experience in working on multi-sector assessments
- Effective communication skills to work among clusters, agencies and the government
- Expert knowledge of analysis tools and methodologies
- Track records of information management products developed for United Nations agencies and/or other International Organizations
- High level of proficiency in English and fluency in French language are required.