Organization: Creative Associates International
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Languages: English, Spanish
Topic: Disaster Management
Application Deadline: 21. October 2020
Creative Associates seeks a Grants Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Colombia. The Grants Manager will provide administrative and technical guidance and support to the Chief of Party and staff on the design of grant applications, guidelines, and regulations for the small grants mechanism.
USAID/Colombia’s Venezuela Response and Integration (VRI) IDIQ will help Colombia respond to the social, political, and economic disruption caused by sustained mass migration from Venezuela. VRI will increase socio-economic integration by strengthening public systems and economic.
The initial $36-$40 million Task Order, Migration Management, will support the national-level policy framework needed to formalize migrants, build local government capacity to meet receptor community needs, and counter xenophobia. Migration Management will help create the legislative and administrative framework and eliminate barriers to carry out subsequent VRI IDIQ TOs that strengthen economic opportunities and health and education services. Task Order will strengthen Colombian Government’s migration management capacity to document and track migrants and refer them to municipal level services, and to promote social integration and acceptance of migrants.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Grants Manager will report to the Chief of Party.
- Ensuring efficient grants management in accordance with USAID regulations.
- Proper management of grant funds by grantee organizations.
- Development and implementation of systems to properly manage, monitor, and report grant performance in accordance with USAID and Creative policies, practices, rules and regulations.
- Provide advisory assistance to grant applicants and lead the review of grant submissions;
- Analyze and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a small grants database; and
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, financial analysis or accounting desirable; Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five (5) years’ experience with sub-grants management, preferably in Colombia; minimum of three (3) years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze technical and cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and Spanish.