Organization: Thinkwell Global
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Entry Level (No experience)
Category: United States
Application Deadline: 30. September 2020
Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is an international organization driven by the vision of a world with greatly improved health and well-being. Our team works to transform health systems and improve lives around the world. As a growing organization, ThinkWell is committed to providing learning and enrichment opportunities for our interns in health topics including health financing, health policy, innovative financing, business development and concept design, and many more. Our interns work alongside health technical and operational experts to gain exposure to the global health sector and contribute to meaningful impact.
We are seeking a global health systems and research intern to support Design Lab, ThinkWell’s hub for program growth and innovation. The intern would conduct desk research for scoping new projects with team members, support new business opportunities, undertake data entry and analysis, map networks for global health engagement, and complete any other tasks required by the management team. The intern will report to the Design Lab manager and will support the two Design Lab analysts.
A recent intern at ThinkWell stated:
“My time at ThinkWell as a Design Lab Intern was extremely rewarding. Through this internship, I got the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people in a stimulating environment that enabled me to learn and grow in an international development career. I got to participate in ThinkWell’s business development efforts and was exposed to concept and proposal development processes. The various workshops, meetings, and brown bags that I attended at ThinkWell have inspired and motivated me to pursue a career in international development.” – Sadikshya B., Design Lab Intern, March-August 2020
The position is expected to start by October 1, 2020 for a six month period on a part-time (15 hours per week) basis.
This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Conduct donor and partner mapping in ThinkWell focal countries (Burkina Faso, Kenya, Uganda, Mozambique, Liberia, Bangladesh, Indonesia, the Philippines, and other countries ThinkWell may expand into)
- Conduct research on new partners and funding opportunities in the areas of health systems strengthening including health financing, governance and leadership, human resources for health, supply chain and private sector engagement.
- Support data entry, analysis, and quality control for Insightly, ThinkWell’s customer relationship management (CRM) platform
- Develop summaries of our current and past projects for proposals, presentations, and our website with ThinkWell team members to reflect project approaches and key outcomes
- Provide administrative support to the Design Lab team to support proposal coordination needs, including team coordination, document formatting, copy editing, quality control, and other tasks
- Support the identification, formatting, and editing of staff and candidate CVs and bios for new business opportunities,
- Bring your professional passion and interest to bear, through researching and writing on specific areas within our portfolio
- Current or recent graduate of undergraduate or graduate program in public health, international development, business administration, finance, or a related field
- Some previous work or internship experience in international health or development a plus Experience living and/or working in a low- or middle-income country is highly desirable
- Fluent command of English; working proficiency in French and/or Portuguese is an asset
Skills and Competencies
- Strong command of oral and written English, including editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues in various locations
- Ability to deliver effectively in high-pressure situations, with multiple, sometimes competing demands
- Enjoys a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment
- Independent thinker who thrives working in a team
- Driven to challenge conventional wisdom
- Open to and empowered by critical feedback