Organization: Première Urgence Internationale
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Application Deadline: 30. November 2020
Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the smooth functioning of the logistics on the mission. S/he makes sure the resources which are necessary for carrying out the programs are timely available, and actively participates in the mission’s safety and security management.
Under direct supervision of the Head of Mission, Logistics Coordinator is in charge of revision and implementation of the logistics strategy in the country in accordnace with PUI mandate and procedures, and in order to provide programs the required support at optimum level.
Logistics Coordinator is based in the Coordination Office, however with frequent and extended stay in the field of minimum 50% of the time.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Guarantees that purchase procedures are respected in the field and the coordination office, from the direct purchase to the international call for offers and supervises the purchasing process for the whole mission.
- Supervises the purchase processes on the mission and ensures that internal and donors procedures are respected, as well as those reflect the budget planning.
- Ensures program goods delivery within the scheduled timeframe, reliable transportation and adequate storage.
- Ensures that contracts signed are adequate in terms of effectiveness and protection of the PUI
- Prepares the procurements plans with program managers and makes sure that during the project lifetime they are followed.
- Centralizes and optimizes the grouping of purchases.
- Supervises the identification and referencing of suppliers.
- Revises or develops the mission’s price catalogue if relevant.
- Ensures that purchase files are properly archived in hard and soft copies.
- Oversees the importation processes internally and externally with ministries and other stakeholders, and immediately raises alert in case of delays.
- Chooses the mode of transport and the packaging of the merchandise.
- Plans and supervises the shipment and delivery of materials up to their final destination.
- In collaboration with the logistic Manager, he/she coordinates with the logistics department at headquarters for the shipment of merchandise coming from abroad and supervises the potential process involved with clearing
STRATEGY AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Reviews and develops the Department’s strategy, action plans and ensures follow-up on those, in close collaboration with Head of Mission and in consultation with Logistics Officer in HQ.
- Supervises the Logistics Department and its teams, directly or acting as functional link. S/he revises and/or develops job descriptions, carries out or delegates recruitment interviews, participates in the performance appraisals, and in any decision to terminate an employment contract.
- Leads projects development in logistics-related aspects including but not limited to: assessment of needs, procurement planning, vehicle strategy, etc.
- Initiates and conducts work meetings, mediates potential conflicts, develops quarterly individual action plans for logistics team and ensures the proper follow-up is in place.
- Reviews and oversees the technical capacity development plans at both individual and department-level
- Supports the Field Coordinator in the execution of logistics activities and plans, in a functional and not hierarchical relationships.
- Participates in the financial and administrative management relevant to her/his area of responsibilities. Provides financial and cash forecasts, and ensures that the budget is executed as per the plans.
- Prepares the Logistics Department for audits, in particular with regard to procurements, assets, compliance with processes and procedures.
ASSETS AND IT EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT
- Defines the mission’s technical needs on each base and ensures budgetary planning, especially when new projects are being designed.
- Provides technical recommendation on the choice of IT equipment, and acts as the mission’s focal point on IT equipment matters.
- Ensures that assets are properly stored and maintained.
- Ensures that assets inventory is regularly performed, as well as assets movement and status is duly reflected in the existing databases.
- Develops a donation plan of assets if applicable
- Defines transport needs as per operational requirements of the mission, and plans for those, especially when new projects are being developed
- In collaboration with Security Department, s/he ensures that vehicles are monitored (checklists are in place and revised regularly), safety protocols and standards are observed, and regular maintenance is provided
- Ensures that vehicles and hired drivers have all necessary documents as required by the national laws and regulations
- Ensures compliance with movement schedules, fuel consumptions etc. (mainly through proper maintenance of log books
- Defines the needs to ensure that premises are run smoothly, in particular when new projects are being developed
- In close collaboration with Security Department, s/he ensures adequate reinforcement of the infrastructure and other safety arrangements (including safe rooms, availability of fire extinguishers, etc.) are being implemented
- Ensures the necessary maintenance is provided in a timely manner
- Leads on identification and implementation of required adjustments and improvements in all PUI offices.
COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION ON LOGISTICS MATTERS
- Ensures that logistics information is effectively circulated to coordination team, field teams and HQ.
- Ensures logistics coordination at the mission level by regularly visits to the bases, regular communication processes, monitoring, training, consultations
- Represents PUI among authorities and in coordinatioin mechanisms for any question concerning logistics order (construction, customs etc).
- Maintains and develops relationships with other NGOs, partners, and external stakeholders on the matters related to logistics.
SUPPORT TO SECURITY & SAFETY MANAGEMENT
- Issue alerts and recommendations to the Head of Mission about possible changes regarding risks and measures to be implemented, in particular with relation to the movement of staff and assets, premises, and storage.
- Assist and advice the Head of Mission/ Field Coordinators in defining security management tools for the mission.
- Supports and manages the movement of expatriates to and inside the country.
- Organize appropriate meetings and trainings for all staff and especially support staff i.e. drivers/ guards.
- Supervise the filling of log
- pack reports by the field staffs, compile them and comment them.
- Ensure all reports are properly filled and data is analyzed.
- Ensures donors reporting in aspects related to logistics
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCES
- BAC + 2 – 5 in logistics (procurements, transportation, etc.)
- Previous experience in humanitarian work or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 or 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others; – Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills
- Experience in security management and cultural sensitive contexts
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility
- Experience in remote management
- Strong knowledge of procurement and supply chain in humanitarian context
- Strong understanding of anti-corruption and anti-fraud policies and practices
- Familiarity with procedures of institutional donors such as USAID/OFDA, ECHO
- Proven management experience and organisational skills
- Strong Report Writing and ICT skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project & database management software
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to humanitarian principles
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Ability to manage responsibilities to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize, delegate the tasks, oversee the work of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning
- Strong follow-up and monitoring skills
- Ability to mentor and develop technical skills in other staff
- Ability to work in a dynamically changing environment
- Patience and calm approach (including skills to manage stressful environment)
- Negotiation skills
- Cultural sensitiveness
- Understanding of and respects towards security and safety protocols
- English Mandatory
- Employed with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Starting date : 15 December 2020
- Monthly gross income: from 2 200 up to 2 530 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing: in collective accommodation.
- Daily living expenses: (« Per diem »)
- Break Policy: every 2 months + break allowance
- Paid leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months