Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Information Management
Application Deadline: 14. May 2021
The Knowledge Management Officer will work under the guidance of the Knowledge Management Team Coordinator and iMMAP’s Chief Technology Officer to support the implementation of the iMMAP’s Knowledge Management Strategy. His/her main objective is to support iMMAP HQ and field operations knowledge management activities, including the Centralized Library, the Communities of Practice, coordinating and supporting experts, and ensuring supporting tools are in place. This is a short-term assignment.
Description of Duties
Implementation of the Knowledge Management strategy/project
- Support KM Team Leader in management of the global knowledge management strategy
- Identify new areas and analyze existing knowledge management support in projects and country activities
- Provide support to iMMAP project managers in integrating knowledge management into their projects activities and deliverables, including CoP strategies, expert exchanges, communication.
- Support the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications
- Propose and promote creative solutions for knowledge management in the organization
- Support country officers in integrating KM in all aspects of their operations
Project Management, KM monitoring and Reporting
- Review and monitor the KM budget and project in the concept of project management cycle
- Monitor the KM Pilot results
- Prepare KM and management analytical reports (including Annual KM report and Bratislava Regional Centre Services reports and analyses)
- Prepare and monitor web analytics of online tools
- Education: University degree (Masters) in social, communications, or related field.
- Experience with support Knowledge Management projects, preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS office), experience in handling of web based management system and tools for knowledge management.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 suite of tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the English language, knowledge of another UN language is an asset