Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Communications Technology
Application Deadline: 30. April 2021
The IT department is looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join GOAL’s global team based in Dun Laoghaire. As an IT Service Desk and Desktop Analyst, you will provide essential support and assistance to GOAL employees based in our head office and worldwide, enabling our staff to effectively operate as part of an organisation that transforms lives every day.
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods. GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
COVID-19: It is expected that this role will be highly remote based to begin with, transitioning to 100% Office based when restrictions are relaxed. Some attendance in the office may be required on an emergency basis.
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager, the successful candidate will work with all departments across the organisation as 1st and 2nd line support for users in Head Office, as well as the global IT shared services. The focus of the role will lie in ensuring internal customer satisfaction. To achieve this, a strong attention to detail, clear communication, and the ability to work as part of a team is required.
Duties and responsibilities
Service Desk Management (1st Line for organisation)
As 1st Line Support – utilize Service Desk Plus system to triage and escalate incident, request, user access, password reset tickets across all elements of the HQ IT Service Catalogue:
- Office 365, including Power BI Reporting Services, Exchange Online Email Services, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Office and User Hardware.
- Joiner Mover Leaver process.
- Financial IT.
- Desktop Applications.
- IT Security Services.
- Web-Based Applications.
• Provide regular feedback to users on tickets via Microsoft Teams.
• Escalate to the appropriate team or service partners when necessary, ensuring a warm handover of ownership.
• Work with IT Technicians globally and roving users to resolve issues.
• Actively participate in daily HQ IT Service stand up calls.
Desktop and Service Analyst:
• Incident Resolution, Request Fulfilment User, User Access and Password Management.
• Office 365 expertise required to carry out Access Management requests and resolve incidents across SharePoint, Teams, Exchange, OneDrive, Microsoft Dynamics.
• Infrastructure incident management and request fulfilment primarily in VPN, domain server and file server administration (Windows Server).
• Assist with Exchange Online Email Services incident/requests with Phishing attacks, Shared Mailbox and Distribution List Management.
• Office Hardware incident management including laptop troubleshooting, working with printers, monitors etc.
• Financial IT request fulfilment – following documented procedures to carry out standardized requests in SAGE.
• General expertise with Windows 10 Desktop Applications, including Adobe Acrobat, Zoom, Web browsers.
• IT Security Services expertise, primarily Sophos Encryption and Antivirus, Bitlocker.
• Web-Based Applications in general, including bo.
• Knowledge Management:
-Utilize, update and create HQ IT Services Knowledge Base in Confluence.
-Create Tech Tips using Canva Web Based application.
• Play a part in Joiner Mover Leaver procedure tasks locally and globally:
-Creating and disabling accounts across systems in a diligent manner.
-Building/rebuilding Windows 10 laptops.
-Coordinating all of the above from a potentially remote location.
• Change and Problem Management:
-Feed back information to assist these processes.
• Service Asset and Configuration Management:
-Help keep the Fixed Asset Register of laptop and desktop devices up to date.
Key Performance Objectives
• Successful closure of tickets in a timely and satisfactory manner, and feedback from users.
• Monthly Reporting of personal Helpdesk Stats.
• Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams.
• Be enthusiastic, ambitious and keen to learn new skills with a positive attitude.
• Be able to work to strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, conscientious and have the ability to work on your own initiative is also essential.
• Able to prioritize, delegate and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Requirements (Person Specification)
• Minimum associate’s degree, appropriate certificates or equivalent work experience.
• Certification/Experience in IT/ Cyber Security.
• Office 365 Global Administrator experience.
• Centralised Anti-Virus administration experience.
• Windows Server administrator experience.
• Service Desk system experience.
• Microsoft Teams experience.
• Strong customer service experience and ability to with diverse users
Accountability within GOAL
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability: 1) Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to the safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols; 2) Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area; 3) Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Equal Employer Statement
Consistent with GOAL’s core values of humanitarianism; integrity; respect; partnership and courage, we place a significant emphasis on equality in our working environment.
GOAL is committed to treating all its employees with dignity and respect and values diversity, which it believes enriches an organisation. To reinforce this commitment, all company activities, policies, practices and procedures are to be carried out in accordance with this global standard.
All employees share in the responsibility for fulfilling GOAL’s commitment to equal employment opportunity and equal treatment. GOAL does not discriminate against any employee or volunteer; or any applicant for employment or volunteering on the basis of age, gender identity, ancestry, political opinion, civil status, medical condition, ethnic background, disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
GOAL believes that our strong commitment to equal opportunity and equal treatment helps to ensure that there is no unjustified discrimination in the recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, compensation, benefits, retention, and discipline of staff and volunteers.
GOAL aims to provide a work environment that fosters fairness, equity, and respect for social and cultural diversity, and that is free from discrimination, harassment [and vilification] as determined by applicable laws.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Our package includes a competitive salary, 22 days annual leave and the possibility to join our Health care scheme. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service. Candidates must be entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.