Organization: Policy and Management Consulting Group
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Senior Level (6-10 years)
Languages: English, Arabic
Application Deadline: 15. June 2021
The Jordan Public Financial Management Activity (PFMA) aims to work in partnership with USAID/Jordan and the Government of Jordan (GOJ) to improve Jordan’s revenue system and enhance their budget management process. PFMA will build the capacity of the Jordanian Ministry of Finance and other government institutions to modernize the revenue collection system, encourage compliance—including making it easier for taxpayers to comply with tax obligations—upgrade public procurement management, and improve budget planning, preparation, and execution. Key objectives include: 1) improving the revenue raising system; 2) streamlining the budget management process; 3) optimizing public expenditure management; and 4) implementing crosscutting Public Financial Management reforms such as interventions to address COVID-19. Through a combination of technical assistance, capacity building, and facilitation, tangible and measurable results are expected during the anticipated five-year duration of the activity. The PFMA is implemented by DAI in association with PMCG, ECO Consult and other partners.
The Inventory Management Advisor will work closely with Public Procurement Lead and will contribute towards achieving the objectives of the component. He/She will be responsible for designing and implementing activities aiming (i) improving capacity of institutional inventory management framework, (ii) improving technological inventory management framework and (iii) improving control, oversight and planning of inventory management. He/She will support the component lead with strategic advice in the field of inventory management, statistical data management and disclosure tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Inventory Management Advisor will provide technical assistance in the area of inventory management, more specifically his/her main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to the development of an annual work plan and other strategic documents towards achieving component/project objectives.
- In close coordination with a component lead initiate and implement activities in the field of inventory management.
- Contribute to the cross-cutting PFM reform component as requested by the Component lead.
Subject Matter Advisory
- In coordination with the component lead, identify all the key stakeholders involved in the reform of inventory management.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and an in-depth analysis of the different stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain close, positive collaboration with GoJ counterparts and other stakeholders (Public and Private).
- Maintain up to date information about government plans and strategies related to inventory management, communicate it with the component lead.
- Provide strategic advice related to Inventory management reform.
- Prepare written reports (monthly, annually) about the project activities under inventory management.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, business administration, economics, public administration, or public policy; higher education degree is preferred.
- 9+ years of professional experience in issues related in the field of public procurement.
- Experience with governmental inventory systems management, design and analysis.
- Familiarity with data analysis and IT management tools is desirable.
- Experience with stakeholders in the public sector is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic environments and achieve development outcomes
- English and Arabic fluency.
Policy and Management Consulting Group (PMCG) is an international development consulting company based in Tbilisi, Georgia, Washington DC and Kyiv, Ukraine. Company has hands-on experience in delivering progress – supporting countries to advance in institutional development, democratic policy-making and good governance.
Since the very foundation, in 2007, PMCG delivers expert knowledge and valuable assets internationally. We are primarily working in the regions of Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa, with bilateral and multilateral development institutions, such as World Bank, USAID, European Commission, UNDP, ADB, JICA and others.
We have hands-on experience in delivering progress, supporting countries to advance in economic development, democracy and good governance through policy, structural and administrative reforms oriented towards the following: Socio-economic reforms, policy elaboration and development of institutional capacity and business environment.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV in English to email@example.com