Organization: Mines Advisory Group
Job Type: Temporary
Country: United Kingdom
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Category: Human Resources
Application Deadline: 13. May 2021
Support the effective functioning of the HQ HR team by taking responsibility for the administration tasks associated with all department processes including recruitment, new starter and leaver processing, maintenance of personnel files and maintenance of and inputting into HR information systems, including payroll.
- Recruitment and Selection
- Perform administrative tasks associated with the recruitment and selection process including posting adverts, scheduling and arranging interviews and selection exercises and preparing interview packs.
- Process recruitment expenses for candidates.
- Responsible for timely communication with all candidates including notifications to unsuccessful candidates and assisting with the preparation of offer paperwork.
- Assist the HR Officers with other ad-hoc duties related to recruitment and selection as required.
- New Starters and Deployments
- Work with the HR Officers to ensure that pre-employment checks take place, including references and medicals and that all other necessary paperwork is received from new staff and properly recorded and filed.
- Work with the HR Officers to accurately maintain systems to monitor recruitment and new starter processes to ensure timescales are streamlined and deployment is as quick and effective as possible.
- Support the HR Officers in arranging start dates, inductions, deployment flights and visas for new starters.
- Support the HR Officers to work with the Management Support Team to develop and maintain an accurate and up to date list and knowledge of visa processes, timescales and requirements across MAG programmes, providing support to other members of the HR team as required.
- Prepare induction schedules, packs and other paperwork. Log completed inductions and send requests for the induction evaluation to be completed.
- Create and issue ID cards.
- HR Administration
- Provide an efficient and effective administration service to the team, including electronic and hard copy personnel files, spreadsheets and systems.
- Escalate issues to HROs and HRMs as appropriate.
- Administer the general HR mailbox.
- Perform a variety of cyclical (monthly, quarterly etc.) administrative tasks to maintain MAG’s HR systems and processes.
- Draft a variety of contractual and non-contractual correspondence for employees, including probation outcome and leaver letters.
- Administer the leaver process, including sending requests for the completion of online exit interviews.
- Maintain systems and records to ensure the department’s adherence to MAG’s quality standards.
- Liaise with MAG’s insurance provider to update membership lists as required.
- Administer MAG’s system of managing annual leave. Maintain absence and holiday records and ensure that copies of relevant correspondence are kept on individual personnel files.
- Provide administrative support to any other HR project work or initiatives.
- Ensure MAG’s standards related to data protection and confidentiality of information are followed at all
REFER TO APPLICATION LINK BELOW FOR MORE RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and varied administration role.
- Experience of designing and improving existing administrative processes and spreadsheets.
- Experience of prioritising work to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of managing competing priorities.
- Experience of working with confidential information.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to create, implement and improve administrative systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills including MS Word and Excel
- Ability to develop and maintain clear and accurate record keeping systems
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrable interest in HR
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
- Determined and committed to high quality standards
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Able to multi-task in a busy working environment
- Previous experience of using a HRIS system, including the inputting and extraction of data
- Previous experience of working in a similar role within a HR department
- At least CIPD level 3 qualified.