Job Type: Full-Time
Country: South Sudan
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Program Management
Application Deadline: 25. April 2021
The position is to be filled as of June 1, 2021, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Desired employment location would be in one of the cities of Juba, Yambio, Yei or Torit in South Sudan.
As Head of Project WASH (Water-Sanitation-Hygiene) you will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of Welthungerhilfe’s WASH activities in the project regions of Juba, Yambio, Yei and Torit in South Sudan according to the prescribed content, organisational, temporal and financial framework. In doing so, you will ensure an appropriate use of funds as well as a correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe’s Country Office and donors.
- Ensuring that all project relevant support (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.) is in place
- Carrying out the project planning, implementation, monitoring and the project’s financial control
- Reporting to the Country Director/Area Manager/Programme Coordinator on the progress of the project(s)
- Regular reporting to donors
- Recruiting and managing staff according to Welthungerhilfe’s policies
- Ensuring the implementation of Welthungerhilfe’s HR policies and their adaptation to local conditions
- Contributing to the development of country policies and strategies
- Making project purchases according to internal procurement guidelines
- Monitoring of logistical procedures including warehouse management, inventory control and distribution reports
- Representing Welthungerhilfe in relevant fora/clusters at state and national levels and within the humanitarian community
- A university or polytechnic degree in WASH Engineering or equivalent technical qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- A minimum of 3 years of project and management experience in carrying out transitional WASH projects with international agencies
- Proven experience in the planning, implementation and supervision of WASH software activities
- Experience in involving the private sector in the management of public sanitation facilities
- Regional working experience in South Sudan as well as GIZ and/or BMZ donor experience would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.