Organization: People In Need
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Czech Republic
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Languages: English, Other
Category: Human Resources
Application Deadline: 31. May 2021
Formed in 1992, People in Need (PIN) has been providing relief and development assistance where it’s needed and empowering civil society in the Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia.
In 2020, almost 1 600 staff members, including 15% of international and HQ staff, worked for PIN Relief and Development Department (RDD) in 21 countries.
Why should you apply?
People in need is a strong values based organization, where you can influence decisions and have space to share and move forward what you think it’s right.
We promote diversity, transparency, mutual respect and create positive learning environment. These would be your main guiding principles.
You would become a manager of a great team of enthusiastic and dedicated HR professionals, who will always support you and for sure infect you with their sense of humour and positive outlook.
As a member of RDD management team, you will participate in strategic decision-making reflecting RDD strategy and challenges in fast changing environments.
And last but least you can help people for a living.
These would be your major agendas:
- Manage team of ten HR professionals who cover HR cycle of HQ and international staff, Capacity building,
Staff care & wellbeing, Accountability & Safeguarding, HR communication, HR administration, HR advisory
- Coach and mentor team members, support development of their skills in a dynamic work environment
- Design and implement central HR processes, procedures and staff manuals, follow development of these at country programmes level and monitor the fulfilment of minimum standards
- Maintain compliance with relevant legislation and donor’s rules
- Oversee selection, implementation and development of HRM tools (ATS and recruitment, E-learning, webinars, 360° feedback, etc.)
- Contribute to implementation of a new HRIS worldwide
- Act as HR advisor for other Leadership team members
- Participate in staff grievance mechanism, complaint investigation and resolution
- Manage internal projects (e.g. staff satisfaction survey)
Core competencies for the role:
- Sound experience in HR management and knowledge of best practices
- Ability to think in processes yet being able to reflect specific individual needs
- General finance and administration backgroundin order to design feasible processes aligning with other operations
- Experience with data analyses, setting and following budgets (accompanied with respective Excel skills)
- Ability tocommunicate clearly and sensitively with people from different background
- Quick decision-making and can-do attitude
- English would become your primary working language
- Fluency in Czech language is necessary
- Welcomed is an experience with an HR system (SuccessFactors especially)
- Experience from NGO sector, especially from countries where PIN runs programmes is nice to have
People in Need offers:
- Background and professionalism of the largest Czech non-governmental organization
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Starting salary in the range 44 000 – 50 000 CZK gross per month based on previous work experience and according to PIN salary scale
- PIN supports professional and personal development
- 25 days of annual leave
- Sick days
- Home office upon agreement
- Multisport card
- Child day care for employees’ children (kindergarten in the building of our office)
- Open and informal organizational culture
- Possibility to participate in interesting events we organize (e.g. One World international film festival)
- Friendly colleagues with similar values