Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Application Deadline: 16. May 2021
An outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus started in China in December 2019 and has now been detected in most countries. The virus is named Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) and the disease associated with it is named COVID-19. The epidemic was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 30 January 2020 and characterized by the WHO Director General as a pandemic on 11 March 2020. As more governmental measures are adopted to reduce pressure on health services and public health risks, the impact of the pandemic is being felt by all humanitarian organisations whose staff is mostly contained at home. Non-essential field movements have all been cancelled. Need assessments are being cancelled and regular monitoring systems interrupted. For the months to come, access to structured information in humanitarian contexts will become the exception, and most decisions will be made on the basis of remote techniques, secondary data, social media, expert judgement or journalism.
The impact of movement limitations will be felt at each step of the assessment and analysis cycle.
This position supports a global project involving 6 countries.
Description of Duties
- Supervise and coordinate the provision of all administrative, personnel and financial support required for the project, ensuring that appropriate control reporting structure are maintained in accordance with the organisation’s rules and regulations.
- Supervise and monitor the project’s budget follow up.
- Coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to finance (including salary, payment of per diem, rent, hazardous, R &R, process of invoices and receipt of funds).
- Coordinate the asset inventory process, including procurement and reporting in established forms to iMMAP.
- Manage admin/finance issues with iMMAP head quarter office when required.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the line manager.
- University degree in business administration, finance or relevant field
- At least 5 years or work experience in Administration field.
- At least 2 years experience in the Humanitarian sector
- Soft skills
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Ability to work independently while under pressure and during long hours.
- Excellent work habits with a willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, including proven ability in administration, financial and logistics.
- Excellent communication skills, including drafting documents;
- **Excellent computer skills in Windows and Microsoft Office especially MS Excel.