Organization: Management Systems International
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Category: Communications Technology
Topic: Human Rights
Application Deadline: 28. February 2021
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In August 2016, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded Management Systems International, Inc. (MSI) the Science, Technology, Innovation and Partnership Training and Capacity Building and Support Contract. Under the award, MSI supports USAID’s Innovation, Technology and Research Hub to provide USAID staff with training and capacity development support. In addition to classroom trainings and live learning activities, MSI assists USAID in developing, designing and implementing distance learning (e.g. eLearning modules) in compliance with the relevant U.S. Government and USAID/Office of the Chief Information Officer requirements, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (Section 508 compliance).
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position
The Talent and Training Team within the Private-Sector Engagement (PSE) Hub has a need for an eLearning course. USAID envisions the course to be designed and delivered in several modules totaling two to three hours. Modules are expected to range from 30 minutes to an hour in length. The course should be developed using Articulate Storyline (or another authoring tool with similar features) and should have a similar look and feel to other eLearning courses that the PSE Hub is developing. The e-learning specialist/developer will build the course in Articulate 360. This is a short term position with an estimated level of effort of 65 days. Work will begin as soon as possible and must be completed by June 30, 2021. This is a telework position.
- Create an e-Learning course in Articulate 360, or another authoring tool with similar features, on the topic of financing through the Development Finance Corporation (DFC)
- Use instructor-led training course currently in development as base but will be a standalone asynchronous course
- Design and develop the course in several modules, which is expected to be a total length of approximately two to three hours
- Develop key features including animations and graphics, interactive elements, narration, scrolling text, video content from existing USAID or DFC videos and knowledge checks
- Source content from a draft in-person course, a DFC manual and various USAID and DFC resource staff
- Collaborate with an MSI instructional design expert, who will oversee the project
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience with distance learning/eLearning development
- Instructional design expertise in training and eLearning
- Experience in authoring eLearning modules in Articulate 360 or other application with similar features
- Understanding of the eLearning development process, including formulating learning objectives, storyboarding, creating the module, client reviews, beta testing, etc.
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team to develop training and courses
- English fluency required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.