Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Languages: English, Other
Topic: Human Rights
Application Deadline: 31. December 2020
Role & Responsibilities
In collaboration with the philanthropy team, support Medair’s mission by raising funds with (U)HNWI and increasing the organisation’s visibility in German-speaking Switzerland. Deliver on demand income targets both from own portfolio of key supporters (HNWI, philanthropists, etc.) and other key relationships.
Responsible for stewarding existing major donors and building a network of high giving individuals using a structured approach to develop a portfolio that will contribute to our growth strategy.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Zurich office, Switzerland
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Relationships fundraising with individuals
- Steward the existing portfolio of major donor individuals.
- Develop an acquisition plan to generate new leads and identify innovative approaches.
- Acquire new donors and develop specific journeys by creating targeted and qualitative touch points and develop a repeatable model to approach more people and drive growth.
- Build and sustain relationships with donors and prospects to build positive and sustainable engagement.
- Promote and use fundraising products i.e. legacy giving.
- Participate in the development of the 3 years “Philanthropy Campaign” and implement it accordingly.
- In collaboration with the philanthropy team, create communication material such as project summaries, reports, letters and presentations.
Partnerships with Corporates
- Manage and develop key accounts.
- Plan, organise and promote Medair philanthropy events in German-speaking part to attract new people and/or consolidate existing major relationships.
- Present/pitch Medair at external events.
- Leverage networks: actively research new networking opportunities and attend external events, conferences, forums to acquire leads.
- Contribute to the planning of the philanthropic activities.
- Monitor philanthropy and market trends.
- Share knowledge with team members
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales, account management, communication or related field.
- Strong working knowledge of German and English (spoken and written). Fluent in Swiss German and good working knowledge of French desirable.
Experience / Competencies
- Minimum 3 years of work experience. Demonstrable professional success in the area of fundraising / marketing / sales. Previous experience in the non-profit sector and/or overseas experience in a humanitarian/development project desirable.
- Advanced user of MS Office. Experience working with CRM. Knowledge of Trello desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in front of small and large audiences.
- Networking skills.
- Analytic and strategic thinking.
- Goal and performance oriented.
- Pioneer and self-driven. Entrepreneurial mind-set, innovative and open for new approaches.
- Collaborative team player. People-oriented.