Organization: Action Against Hunger
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Senior Level (6-10 years)
Category: Donor/Grants Management
Application Deadline: 31. May 2021
As a key member of the U.S. External Relations Department, the Donor Development Officer spearheads our midlevel program (donors giving $500-$9,999). The Donor Development Officer is charged with growing the midlevel program as well as retaining a loyal donor base through excellent stewardship. The Donor Development Officer will sit on the Direct Marketing Team and work closely with the Communications, Digital, Major Gifts and Fundraising Systems teams. The candidate will also work with program and global staff to demonstrate the impact of global giving.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Working with email marketing and direct mail colleagues to acquire, welcome, cultivate and retain mid-level supporters giving between $500 and $9,999.99. (30%)
- Creating a mid-level portfolio and cultivates one-to-one relationships with mid-level supporters who have both higher giving capacity and an interest in engagement. (30%)
- Upgrading mid-level supporters as well as those giving under the mid-level threshold. (15%)
- Working closely with Major Gifts team on stewarding a pipeline of loyal supporters for our major gifts program. (10%)
- Working with Communications and Program teams on the creation of collateral for fundraising and stewardship purposes. (5%)
- Supporting the roll out of cultivation events, stewardship webinars as well as Donor Appreciation Week. (5%)
- Meeting specific goals for one-to-one and one-to-many interactions including calls, webinar invitations, impact pieces, Donor Appreciation Week outreach, SMS/emails, Holiday cards etc. (5%)
- Other duties as requested.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years work experience
- Experience in a digitally forward non-profit fundraising environment.
- Proven experience working with mid-level supporters,
- Sales and negotiating experience i.e. has made direct asks and has experience asking supporters to upgrade and reactivate their giving.
- Expertise in Raiser’s Edge, Funraise, MailChimp, Salesforce, or other similar CRM platforms.
- Excellent customer/donor care experience.
- Experience working for an international aid organization would be a plus.
- Highly driven and entrepreneurial.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management ability.
- Can establish priorities, manage multiple deadlines simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender-identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. ACF-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.