Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United Kingdom
Experience: Senior Level (6-10 years)
Category: Information Management
Application Deadline: 29. June 2021
Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning data and knowledge management research, evidence and analysis advisory project management communications risk management technical assistance capability and capacity development stakeholder engagement grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 60 deliver multi-year projects, programmes and consulting assignments to a wide range of government clients, international organisations, foundations and private sector clients.
Vision: Integrity sets the international standard for ethically delivered, expert services in complex and challenging contexts. Our work helps create stability, accountability and prosperity.
Mission: Based on evidence and learning, we help clients and communities to build trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We do not advocate: we listen, comprehend and recommend.
Commitment: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our service delivery, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure not only that our clients receive the best possible service but that we benefit the individuals and communities amongst whom we work.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com
How the DKM Project and Product Manager fits into the Integrity Team
The DKM Project and Product Manager will be a SM3 role at Integrity.
The DKM Project and Product Manager is a Senior Manager (SM) in the Data and Knowledge Management (DKM) team. The DKM SM is responsible for growing Integrity’s reputation as a provider of expert DKM services. The role requires an innovative, driven individual who can lead technology-led system implementations and build strong working relationships with current and prospective clients, including government donors, multi-lateral institutions, foundations and the private sector. Where the position is based and potential reporting lines, including level of seniority (O,M,SM etc) and interactions with other directorates.
Scope of Work
The DKM SM will understand the products, challenges and opportunities in the DKM marketplace and work with a range of partners including software developers, data analysts and MEL experts to deliver quality technology-based products and services. The DKM SM will support the full project cycle by contributing to business development efforts (market engagement, partnership building, staff/consultant recruitment, proposal writing) and project delivery (workplan/budget management, agile software development leadership, client management). They will also make meaningful inputs to Integrity’s DKM strategy. The main responsibilities of the role (An outline of the full Terms of Reference below).
Terms of Reference
A. DKM delivery and project management (50%)
The DKM SM will blend technology implementation expertise with strong project leadership and management capabilities to deliver quality projects on budget and on time. You will:
· Deliver as Digital Platform Lead, Digital Platform Manager or Project Manager on projects ranging in scope, scale and duration
· Act as the liaison between clients, consultants and Integrity teams to define requirements from DKM projects and work with clients/consortia to appropriately task technical service providers
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with project stakeholders
· Manage inputs by consultants and consortium partners to meet deliverables and budgets
· Establish strong project coordination and communication protocols
· Control project workplans and regular project delivery/financial management and reporting
B. DKM business development (30%)
The DKM SM will utilise their technical expertise to help generate new opportunities to deliver DKM services. You will:
· Collaborate with Integrity’s Business team on suitable DKM opportunities, and monitor Integrity’s pipeline to gauge scope to deliver DKM services on a standalone basis or in coordination with other Integrity services
· Write technically and commercially compelling tender responses
· Engage potential clients and partners in the preparation of proposals, delivering quality written and presentational articulations of Integrity’s capabilities and track record
· Identify and manage a suitable bench of DKM experts (developers, data scientists, data analysts, data collection tech experts)
C. Strategy and capability development (15%)
· Enhance Integrity’s approaches and methodologies, with a view to promoting innovative practices and positioning the organisation as a practice/thought leader
· Support development of Integrity’s DKM Strategy and DKM Committee
· Improve the performance of Integrity’s existing DKM systems in all geographies, and support the induction of new systems, processes and personnel
· Deliver diverse opportunities through developing new service offerings and integrated approaches
D. Thought leadership and learning (5%)
· Identify and participate in relevant thought leadership events, blog posts, workshops, training programmes and communities of practice
· Share knowledge from project delivery and your previous experiences through internal learning events/content
· 2% of the DKM SM’s time will be reserved for professional development and learning activities.
Your Experience and Expertise
You will have:
· Degree in a relevant field
· 5-12 years experience
· Project and budget management experience
· Experience implementing and managing complex technology-based solutions
· Bid development and proposal writing experience
· Experience delivering high-quality written and presentational outputs to a range of audiences
· Ability to work under pressure across multiple projects
It is desirable that you will also have:
· Experience working in the international development sector, or working to government clients
· Working in a consulting environment
· Specific DKM technical competencies (programming (e.g., R, Python), data analysis, data visualisation, software packages)
· Ability to engage senior clients/consultants
· English essential, Arabic, French desirable
You should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Level 1: Team competencies
· Planning and Organising
· Development and Continual Learning
· Results Focus and Initiative
· Customer Orientation
· Managing Change
Level 2-4: Management competencies
· Analytical and Flexible Thinking
· Achievement Focus
· Managing Resources
· Teamwork and Team Leadership
· Customer Orientation
· Organisational Knowledge
· Organisational Alignment
· Strategic Thinking
· Developing Talent