Organization: International Rescue Committee
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Topic: Disaster Management
Application Deadline: 15. February 2021
The Data Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis, is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team which is responsible for managing the annual budget and forecast processes, analyzing and reporting our results internally and to our Board, and providing business partnership to all IRC departments and budget owners.
The Data Analyst will provide technical support on data management and solutions to enable IRC’s budget, forecasting and management reporting processes. The Analyst will report to the Sr Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will work closely with the Sr Finance Manager, FP&A to deliver the tools (reports, templates and models) to manage the budget and reporting requirements. In addition, the Analyst will work closely with the Finance Operations team and others from across Finance and Information Technology departments to ensure FP&A solutions align with IRC’s broader data and information architecture.
• Organize data to develop financial queries, templates and reports to enable budget, forecast and reporting processes;
• Partner with the Sr Finance Manager to develop and maintain solutions to manage and consolidate budgets until a system-based planning and budgeting solution is fully implemented;
• With the guidance of the Sr Finance Manager, identify and implement solutions for subsets of financial data (e.g. salary rosters), reporting and analysis needs for the CFO, the FP&A team and other key stakeholders;
• Respond to ad hoc data and information requests from stakeholders on behalf of the Financial Planning & Analysis pillar;
• Provide ongoing training and troubleshooting support to PowerBI reporting users and manage communications with both users and the PowerBI team related to roles security and maintenance;
• Document processes to ensure both data quality and knowledge management within Finance; and,
• Partner with the Training & Communications team to develop and maintain training materials for existing and new users of reporting solutions
• Min. 2-3 years data analytics or finance experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to manage and manipulate large data sets
• Highly skilled with Microsoft Excel;
• Coding knowledge and experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages (e.g. SQL)
Preferred experience & skills:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Data Analytics, Business or Finance
• Experience with business analytics tools: Power BI, Tableau etc
• Experience with data computing tools : MySQL, Hive, Spark etc
• Experience with cloud-based planning tools such as Workday Adaptive Planning
• Excellent communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
• Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and to apply creative problem-solving skills;
• Standard office working environment
• This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.