Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Application Deadline: 30. April 2021
To support the headquarters of Malteser International in Cologne, Germany, we are looking for a committed student for 3 to 6 months for the next possible date as a Communications Intern.
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to support our Communications department in its daily activities, mostly related to digital communications. From content creation and support for publications, to drafting engaging posts and articles, you’ll assist in driving engagement from our supporters and community while helping to generate positive impact for people in need.
- Assist with content production and management of Malteser International’s social media
- Research on topics and content related to humanitarian aid and development cooperation
- Support in the planning and implementation of campaigns across online channels
- Ensure website is updated and fed with viable content as well as maintenance of media database
- Support in drafting press releases, articles and publications
- Previous experience in public relations, communications and/or fundraising
- Knowledge of social media landscape and understanding of how different channels work (type of content, tone of voice, best practises)
- Image and video editing skills as well as proficiency with content management systems, e.g Typo3
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; German and French language proficiency is an asset