Organization: Hunger Project
Job Type: Part-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Early Career (1-2 years)
Application Deadline: 21. June 2021
The part-time Communication Associate’s primary function is to facilitate and develop robust communications strategies in line with departmental goals. The role will sit within the Global Communications team and will work closely with other members of the communications, program and fundraising teams to ensure THP’s brand, messages and impact are compelling, understandable, accurate and widely accessible. Ultimately, this position drives toward our mission by equipping our global team with the resources needed to expand our global movement of partners, supporters and investors.
This part-time position is based out of THP’s Global Office in New York City, though it is open to remote candidates. The position is not eligible for benefits. The role reports to the Associate Director, Global Communications.
Content and Collateral Generation
● Collect and narrativize Program Country activities into compelling communications pieces
● Generate content, such as articles, for the public website to be utilized in social media and fundraising communications
● Create engaging materials – such as fact sheets, impact reports, swag, emails, videos and other digital collateral
General Communications Support
● Partner with communications team worldwide in facilitating innovative opportunities to showcase THP’s messages and work
● Train and support global staff in communications best practices and resources
● Liaise closely with departmental interns to support their work and ensure their success
● Write/edit/proofread internal and external communications, such as fact sheets, executive update emails, program summaries and other collateral
● Support administrative needs of communications team as they arise
Coordinate Advocacy Communications
● Support coordination of organizational participation in international days of significance, UN events and other advocacy campaigns to enhance organizational reputation as a thought leader**
Promote THP Brand Awareness through External Partnerships
● Ensure external partnerships are aligned with THP’s global brand and meet required charity accountability standards
● Support the due diligence processes for global corporate partnerships
● Support project management of third-party integrated marketing agency, including but not limited to providing collateral and reviewing materials
Website Content Management
● Routinely update and seek ways to improve resource content on THP’s public website
● Respond and react to internal website content needs, including but not limited to uploading reports, job postings, policies, etc.
1. Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed):
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree in fields relating to communication or marketing, or international relations/development/gender studies complemented by work experience.
2. Work Experience (Minimum needed)
- Minimum Required: 1-2 years in a similar role
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a small team.
- Preferred: Non-profit setting with remote team structure.
3. Specialized Knowledge Needed for Job Performance
- Comfort with WordPress Content Management, InDesign and Canva required;
- Video and photo editing proficiency preferred;
- Graphic design background Adobe Creative Suite programs preferred;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite;
- Proficiency with Google Suite and tools.
- Sound judgment, able to troubleshoot problems, come up with creative solutions, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated;
- Project management skills, ability to prioritize;
- Resourceful self-starter with project management skills and ability to independently multi-task and prioritize.
- Outstanding editing, proofreading and writing skills, with an unwavering attention to detail, preferably with creative writing skills;
- Sound judgment, able to troubleshoot problems, come up with creative solutions, while identifying issues which need to be escalated;
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; ability to work with colleagues and partners nationally and internationally;
- Ability to adapt and work in a flexible and evolving environment;
- High level of comfort with new technologies, and able to quickly learn new tools;
5. Additional Comments
- Strong interest in storytelling – both hearing stories and creatively telling them;
- Spanish and or French language skills a plus;
- Willingness to occasionally work in a varying schedule to accommodate global colleagues, as necessary;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, and work on multiple time zones, as necessary.
- Commitment to THP’s values, including an understanding of and compatibility with our principles and philosophy. The successful candidate will be working with a team who loves what they are doing and feels it is a privilege to be working in service of this mission.