Organization: International Rescue Committee
Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Topic: Refugee Rights
Application Deadline: 30. April 2021
The Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis, is part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team which is responsible for managing the annual budget and forecast processes, analyzing and reporting our results internally and to our Board, and providing business partnership to all IRC departments and budget owners.
The Analyst will report to the Deputy Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will work closely with other FP&A team members and colleagues across Finance to manage the budget and forecast processes and deliver the relevant information and insights to the organization. In addition, the Analyst will work with a Sr Analyst to provide business partnering to a sub-set of budget owners and leaders from other departments such as Programs, Fundraising and Information Technology.
- Organize data and understand business requirements to develop and maintain templates and models to enable both the budget and forecast processes;
- Partner with the FP&A team in developing annual budget submissions and in refining the process for the submission of the original and re-forecasted budget for Board approval;
- Coordinate the operating budget for a portfolio of departments including forecasting and tracking results;
- Generate and analyze the monthly actual reports for assigned departments and work with the departments to identify issues and opportunities versus budget;
- Identify and implement opportunities to use IRC’s financial data and systems to improve modeling, reporting and analysis capabilities;
- Support the continued development and implementation of software and systems (e.g. Power BI, Microsoft D365) that enable FP&A delivery.
- Train new financial and program staff on IRC’s budget policies, processes and financial systems;
- Min. 2-3 years budgeting/finance or data analytics experience;
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage large data sets;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and all MS Office applications; and,
- Ability to generate and communicate insight from data and analyses.
Preferred experience & skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance or Data Analytics
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills: the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment;
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and to apply creative problem-solving skills;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and all MS Office applications;
- Basic knowledge of SQL;
- Experience with cloud-based planning tools, data visualization tools such as PowerBI and ERP systems (D365) is desirable.
- Standard office working environment
- This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.