Job Type: Full-Time
Country: Marshall Islands
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Topic: Refugee Rights
Application Deadline: 4. March 2021
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-office in Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI), and in close coordination with the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for resource management functions in IOM Marshall Islands.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist in coordinating and reviewing cash flow needs according to the activities in IOM Marshall Islands.
Facilitate the payroll process for hourly/daily staff and consultants.
Make suggestions for procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the sub-office in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
Apply appropriate internal control procedures and alert the supervisor in a timely manner of unusual or irregularities regarding transactions and delays impacting timely reporting.
Update/enter office financial data in PRISM and other IOM official platforms.
Participate in providing procedural and technical guidance/support and respond to financial and administrative queries from staff in the sub-office as appropriate.
Undertake quality control checks on the requests for payments, purchase requests and other requests that will result in financial obligations.
Ensure coordination among the unit to: (a) Raise payment requests with proper verification of invoices from vendor, with complete support documentation. (b) Ensure accurate data entry, correct use of account codes and right charges against budget lines in the system.
Strictly adhere to the International Organization for Migration’s (IOM) policies and procedures including prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse as well as promotion of a respectful work environment.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
• University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in financial management, accounting, and budgeting.
• Experience in preparing reports, budgets, statistics and coordinate administrative activities.
• Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions.
• Previous work experience in the region an advantage.
• Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration.
• Good knowledge of human resources management.
• Knowledge of IOM/UN Common System regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP (PRISM)highly desirable.
• Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting system, software, and procedures a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of MS Office products and good computer literacy skills required.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.