Job Type: Full-Time
Country: United States
Experience: Mid Career (3-5 years)
Application Deadline: 25. May 2021
As a small but rapidly growing global health and humanitarian organization, we are looking for an Accountant who will be responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping & accounting, issue 1099s to all applicable contractors. Duties include but are not limited to general ledger maintenance, payroll support, bank and account reconciliations, financial report preparations and monitoring organization internal controls.
Strong organizational, problem-solving and time management skills are required. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail is needed.
- Create, process and import General Journal entries, including check payments, ACH, and wire transfer payments
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions
- Prepare financial reports on a determined General Ledgers ranges to facilitate decision on limiting or expanding specific general ledgers accounts.
- conduct new and ongoing training for finance onboarding for new staff; and support local and regionally based staff on updates in financial policies
- Prepare period-to-period comparisons to enhance trend analysis, overall contributing to the Trial Balance (TB) analysis benefits.
- Work on the month and year close, including Bank, Cash, Paypal and Stripe accounts reconciliation.
- Analyze accounts, projects, financials, documentation, country compliance, procurement, reporting, and proposals for assigned regions and field sites to ensure that expenditures comply with the award document and related regulations.
- Work on the payroll preparation and deal with all states/federal letters related to payroll, employees benefits and tax.
- Track and analyze the performance of individual,foundation and Corporation donations
- Work on the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Work on the annual, funders’ and audit preparation.
- Prepare year-end W-2 and 1099, 1096 forms
- Upload all support documents of the day- to-day payments into a quickbook.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or a related field, knowledge of GAAP
- Recent completed professional accreditation (CPA) is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general ledger, financial accounting, preferably not-for-profit and/or government funding.
- Understanding of and experience with federal financial compliance, contracting, and auditing requirements as detailed in the Code of Federal Regulations Circulars is required. Experience in an international setting is preferred.
- High level of proficiency with the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel, knowledge of donors management system is a plus
- Ability to use large scale automated accounting systems, knowledge of QuickBooks a plus.
- Ability to timely understand the Organization’s structure, internal control aspects, importance of accounting and financial reporting framework;
- Payroll processing experience (prior use of ADP payroll a plus).
- Ability to work well under pressure, organize and set priorities, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience or exposure to external and internal audit engagements
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory
Please submit a resume/CV as PDFs to email@example.com with the subject line “Last Name, First Name – “US- Accountant ” Only US citizen or a valid U.S. work permit applications will be considered. Applications that do not mention their address or do not follow these instructions will not be considered. No phone calls or emails to team members, please. If you would like an update on your application, please wait at least 4 weeks after the date of your application to follow up.